Flood Risk Assessments
Flood risk has been brought into sharp focus in recent years by a string of high profile ‘extreme’ flood events in Ireland during 2009. Accordingly, development control restrictions are now tighter than ever, and planning decisions open to greater scrutiny.
Flood Risk Assessment Reports are prepared in line with the document “The Planning System and Flood Risk Management” Guidelines for Planning Authorities – November 2009, issued by the Department of the Environmental, Heritage and Local Government planned or there are questions about the risk to existing infrastructure or sites
Traynor Environmental Ltd offer a pragmatic approach to flood risk:
• Complete understanding of current legislation and Planning Policy Guidelines in Ireland.
• Design flood estimation using a variety of techniques, including Flood Estimation Handbook methods and software.
• Specification of topographic surveys to derive detailed floodplain morphology information.
• Generation of flood maps.
• Engineering design of flood mitigation measures.
• Sustainable drainage (SuDS) scoping and design.
• Full reporting and liason with the EPA/Local Authority on behalf of the client.